- Cats sweat through their paws.
- Cats can jump up to five times their own height in a single bound.
- The lifespan of a cat is between 15-to-20 years.
- Cats are the sleepiest of all mammals; they sleep around 16 hours each day or 70% of their lives.
- Adult cats have 30 teeth.
- When a cat is falling, it will tuck herself into an umbrella shape, which enables her to always land on her feet.
- Cats dream just like us. During deep sleep their brain produces the same brain wave patterns that humans do.
- Cats have around 12 whiskers on each side of its face.
- Male cats are usually left-pawed; female cats are usually right-pawed.
- Because their eyes are so large, cats are not able to focus on things closer than a foot; in other words, cats are far-sighted. They use their whiskers to sense things they can’t clearly see.
- They also use their whiskers in the dark or while hunting to help them locate objects or prey. Whiskers also help cats gauge small openings.
- Cats have the ability to sense earthquake tremors 10-to-15 minutes before humans can.
- A cat’s tongue is divided into different parts, with each part responsible for differentiating specific tastes.
- Cats cannot taste sweets, and even chocolate can make them feel ill. They need meat, not sweets.
- Cats almost never meow at another cat. Their meow is reserved for humans.
- Cats spend 1/3 of their time grooming.
- Cats can run at 30-to-31 miles per hour (48 KPH).
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Amazing, Fascinating Facts about Cats
Helps protect from damage caused by scratching
Easy to apply, economical, and most important, they really work!
The humane alternative to declawing
Click on link to know more: GO TO SOFT PAWS